Support QRP CoA Everywhere

Tuesday 27 February 2018

ATS3B in C6 be careful else you'll kill the PA!

Had a quick email from another ATS3 fan, "please don't connect the ATS3B up to a poorly matched antenna it might result in tears before bedtime".

I built mine back in 2009. This was just before adding the C to the band modules. Added 60m as well to it since then.

So just to calm those interested, I have a nice phono to BNC adapter so I'll take the signal out from this and feed it into the £10 (what cost me see http://m1kta-qrp.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/elecraft-t1-for-10-2n3906-and-14w-3k3.html) Elecraft T1 ATU I made up years ago with it so the Pa will be 'protected' to a degree.


I'll also take a few BS170 with me just in case Murphy becomes an operator.

The ATU will probably be a bit redundant though initially as antennas will be mono band & resonant too, I'll use a KD1JV, http://www.qrpkits.com/deluxetennadipper.html to be sure they are before use.

qrpkits photo I'll swap with my own this evening.

No comments: