Support QRP CoA Everywhere

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Enough about DX operating.... what have I built recently.

In the run up to the C5 trip I was putting together a GPS QRSS beacon that will support multimodes including WSPR. It comes from Hans Summers G0UPL

He calls it the Ultimate Beacon V3.

http://www.hanssummers.com/ultimate3.html

I have the switched LPF as well.

In addition I had a RTL based USB SDR project and the adapter/converter for it arrived.






It takes a 100MHz oscillator in the 8 pin DIL socket. This way you can use one of the  USB DAB radios to RX HF.



I built this little USB winkey lite, it will go into the box it is sitting on.



This will allow me to operate CW and RTTY with the KX3 and a PC. I have a USB WinKey now but this is so much smaller.


I finally finished taking all the transistors out of the TR switch by Jim Kortege that I picked up at a rally recently. I think was an SK sale. Some components were in backwards and as wrong would not work. The uPC was totally duff and going to get a new one from US. D3 was backwards so reversed it. So was C18. The transformers T1 and T2 I could not trust so removed them as well.

R46 is an interesting chain of 1M resistors not one 10M.

This is the board with the holes all cleaned up.









No comments: