Support QRP CoA Everywhere

Thursday 30 December 2010

How to make a CW QSO

The original site at http://zs6ez.za.org/tutorial/cw-qso.htm has disappeared so I post that page here for reference for those trying to get started in CW.


A search for zs6ez on QRZ:
Born 1964, licenced 1980 as ZS6BCR. I've basically been inactive since 2000, due to other commitments. I hope to resume some ham radio one day. My main interest was in contesting, where I held several world and continental records in the single band category of CW, RTTY and Phone contests. I attended WRTC three times, as W6O, OJ1W and S572L. I ran a series of DXpeditions in the Eighties and Nineties, emphasising low band, WARC band and RTTY activity. You may have worked me from 7P, 3DA, A2, IH9, V5, ZS0 or ZS9. I also once did a bit of DXing, with 10BDXCC, 5BWAZ, 5BWAS and Top of the DXCC Honor Roll. I've slipped down a bit with the most recent additions, but maybe I'll get up there again one day. In the mean time, I'm working on my DXFC score (see http://dxfc.org) while flying business jets as a South African Air Force volunteer, playing with my daughter, holding down a real job, working on my PhD, managing a small group in our local church and running a flying school.


How to make a Morse Code contact...


The original is back up on a new site, here is email from Chris about it.
----- Original Message ----
> From: Chris R. Burger ZS6EZ <chris@********>
> To: Dominic Baines <dombaines@********>
> Sent: Fri, 31 December, 2010 1:02:57
> Subject: Re: Fw: [GQRP] Re: OT? Morse procedures...

> > Other emails used all bounced...
> To this address,or did you use an  obsolete address? I'm not aware of a
> problem with this address。

> >  Please let me know if this is a problem.
> I would prefer if you linked to the  actual article:

http://zs6ez.org.za/tutorial/cw-qso.htm


> That way,if I  make changes they will show up。Also,Google is more likely
> to pick up the new  address if you link to it。

> The original domain name disappeared,so I  suddenly had to establish a new
> one。 All the original content is  there。

> Regards

> Chris

No comments: